Pod Humidity (Verigo)SKU: 38527
|Functional Range||-20 to 60 °C (-4 to 140 °F), 0 - 100% RH|
|Wireless Range||up to 30m ( 100 ft )|
|Battery Life||1.5 to 5 years|
|Accuracy||± 0.5 °C, ± 2% RH typ., ± 5% RH max.|
|Memory||80,000 data points (40k Temp + 40k RH)|
How the system works:
When not in use, Pods should be stored in an environment with an ambient temperature between 0°C and 30°C.
Sensor malfunction/failure can occur when Pods are exposed to condensing levels of humidity for an extended period of time.
1 Per sensor manufacturer datasheet: The humidity and temperature sensors are factory-calibrated and the calibration data is stored in the on-chip non-volatile memory. Please click here to view the sensor manufacturer’s data sheet.
2 Humidity Sensor Max Accuracy The humidity measurement accuracy specification is based upon testing performed on random samples of at least 2% of all manufactured units at an ISO 17025 certified calibration laboratory. At least 99% of all units manufactured will perform within the stated accuracy claims with more than 99% certainty.
3 Exact battery life can vary depending on device age, use case and operating temperature. Battery life will be inherently diminished when Pods are operated continuously at temperatures below 0°C.
4 “Typical” use of a Pod is considered to be actively logging for a total of 8-16 hours with one full log download per day, every day while operating at 0°C - 20°C.
Recommended Operating Range The recommended operating range for the data logger is 20% up to 80% RH (non-condensing) for temperatures of -10C to 60C. Operation outside of this range can result in a shift in sensor readings. Prolonged exposure outside of this range can result in extensions in Pod recovery time. Pods exposed to condensing levels of humidity for an extended period of time will likely result in electrical failure.
Hysteresis The RH sensor will experience hysteresis, and readings can vary based on the duration of time the sensor sat at the previous humidity level. This means that sensor readings can be dependent on whether the sensor is changing from a low-to-high vs. a high-to-low humidity environment. Any effects resulting from hysteresis should disappear after suitable soak times, allowing the sensor to stabilize. Typical effects of hysteresis (+1% RH) over the range of 20% to 80% RH are taken into consideration for the accuracy claim.
High Humidity Environments Exposure to high humidity (80% RH and above) can cause drift in sensor readings. Based on information from the sensor manufacturer, this drift could be up to 1.5% RH for short, non-condensing exposures. The sensor comes with a factory-fitted protective cover to help mitigate some of the effects from high humidity exposure. The observed drift can disappear slowly as the sensor is brought back to and operated under normal ambient conditions. The time required for the sensor to recover depends on the magnitude and duration of exposure to high humidity. Above 90% RH it is difficult to avoid condensation on the sensor, which will result in sensor errors. Additionally, prolonged exposure to high humidity may result in shifts in sensor readings that persist indefinitely.
Stated accuracy does not include:
- Effects from operation outside the recommended operating range, or long term exposure to very humid conditions.
- Contamination of the sensor by particulates, chemicals, etc.
- Other aging-related shifts (long-term stability).
Using the mobile apps available on iOS & Android, users can customize monitoring sessions including logging interval, device name, alert thresholds, and various other settings. Data downloads can be performed by users automatically or manually, with adjustable settings available in the app. Upon download, time, temperature, relative humidity, user ID, and location data is automatically transferred and stored on Verigo’s secure cloud, providing companies a complete history of shipment touch points. Additional info:
- 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant Approved for carry on major airlines Calibration certificates traceable to NIST Security features through Access Control Key Takeaways:
- Flexible: No need to reach in a box to manually download data log, just do it from the Verigo mobile app. Data is automatically stored of Verigo’s secure servers.
- No Infrastructure: Just sign up a new company on the Verigo cloud website, and control your Pod devices using the free mobile apps available on iOS/Android.
- Cost efficient: Low cost reusable devices that last up to three years. End-to-
- End Visibility: With temperature data being stored locally on Verigo Pod data loggers, you’ll have a complete picture of your supply chain’s temperature performance. With GPS information stored upon each interaction, you can trace the movement of your shipment, including updates of who is handling your product! Intuitive: Integrate the solution quickly and minimize employee time dedicated to recording compliance documents.
We Also Recommend
STT-400-500 - Saf-T-Temp® 0°C Refrigerated Phase Change Material Gel Paks, 500g, 16/Carton
STT-521-1000 - Saf-T-Temp®CRT Phase Change Material Paks, 1000g, 8/Carton